Re: Origin of "Flyback"

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 06:28:04 EDT

Mr. Goldwasser has changed the line "polarity by the HOT turning off and damper
diode turning on during this flyback or retrace period." in the FAQ to "polarity
by the HOT turning off during the flyback or retrace period." in answer to my
questioning the part about the damper turning on. The damper turns on AFTER
retrace and is on (in the case of a raster monitor) from the left edge of the
scan to the center of the screen. By the time you get to the center of the
screen the horizontal output transistor has again turned on. Since it is in
parallel with the damper it really doesn't matter which is turned on during the
left half of scan.

His TV FAQ was more accurately worded than the monitor FAQ was. It was nice of
him to reword the monitor FAQ.

--
Windows:
32 bit graphical interface for a