Re: G08 'snapping

From: jason Milsom <MILSOM44_at_webtv.net>
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 01:48:31 EDT

 Chris, The snapping you heard definitely sounds like monitor high
voltage. Is the game some where damp? It may have just been damp or
dusty that caused the high voltage to arc from the second anode suction
cup to chassis ground. You can clean the area around the suction cup.
It's also possible that something arced from the HV board to the
chassis. I had this problem on a G-08 once. I removed the HV and
resoldered a bunch of dry looking solder joints and that fixed the
problem.

Good luck
Jason Milsom

http://community.webtv.net/MILSOM44/MilsomsPuband