Re: WG 19v2000 flyback sub?

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 19:01:28 EST

If you get oscillation, but nothing out of the flyback (actually a HV
transformer, as a flyback needs a yoke winding for it's operation-but
that's another group (Rasterlist))) then I would take a close look at the
driver transistor first, and it's connector.

On the other hand, I have had those HV transformers that had loose winding
assembly and the wires leading from the coil break at the solder terminals.
You might be able to re-solder them if you bend the broken one out
carefully, burn off the insulation, then add a tiny extension wire. I've
managed to fix a couple that way. Oh, and then wedge in silicon glue to
freeze the coil windings. Other folks might want to check this on their B&W
vector HV transformers to make sure theirs aren't loose and do some
preventative maintenance.

John :-#)#