Re: Amplifone Def. Bd. Rebuilding

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 05:16:10 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Winslow <winslow@earthlink.net>
To: vectorlist@synthcom.com
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 12:44:40 -0800
Subject: VECTOR: Amplifone Def. Bd. Rebuilding

> Hello All!
>

> I've got a bunch of Amplifone Deflection boards that work but all display
> graphics that are a bit shaky in particular areas of the screen - depending
> on the deflection board tested.
>
> I know for certain that the problems are with the Deflection board(s) and
> not the HV because I do have one good working (super solid and stable
> graphics) deflection board (Thanks Jon!) and my HV's have all been
> completely rebuilt (per the excellent doc online - Thanks Michael!) with a
> Wintron transformer, BU406D, 105 degree caps, etc.
>
> I would really like to rebuild all of my deflection boards to the extent
> that I have rebuilt the HV's - with all modern components and any
> modifications that have evolved over the years. But I can't seem to find
> any information on this process - so here's the questions:
>
> 1. Does anyone have a list of components that should be replaced on a
> working board to help ensure long life and stable graphics ?

Replace all the caps with 105' low-impedence versions,
re-solder all crap joints, resolder ALL conectors even if they look ok.
finally - remove any transistors that are mounted on heatsinks and clean them,
then put them back in with new silicon-grease or thermal pads (the gray things)

that will fix most age related problems on ANY monitor, vector or raster.

L8r.