Star Wars Scaling Question

From: Paul Sommers <rgvac_aust_at_dingoblue.net.au>
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 07:03:31 EST

Gang,

I'm full of questions tonight... sorry!

Onto the second boardset - there is a problem with the AVG. Test pattern is
everywhere. When it perfoms the Linear Scale Test - the box gets to a certain
point and then comes apart and goes all wonky. When it performs the Binary and
Linear Scale Test the box is okay (the corners aren't perfect when it gets
smaller, but closer enough). Text is okay and I can line up the boxes in the
offset test screen.

Looking at the schematics I find a circuit called Vector Scaling which is all
digital components so I assume this is the Binary scaling. I've tested those
components are the look fine to the logic probe.

Where is the Linear Scaling performed that seems to be the problem?

Gosh! These are much harder to troubleshoot than raster boards!!!

Thanks in advance.
Paul