Star Wars - Test Okay Blank Screen on Play

From: Paul Sommers <rgvac_aust_at_dingoblue.net.au>
Date: Sun Jan 07 2001 - 05:18:51 EST

Gang,

With 10 minutes left until my party last night I actually got a Star Wars
board working - it had matrix errors which disappeared after it had been on a
minute and played fine after that.

It behaved all night.

Tonight I decided to try and work out what the matrix errors meant - wrote
down the numbers and watched them disappear after a minute. Flicked it into
play mode and there was a blank screen an a rythmical clicking (like the sound
processor resetting).

But no game at all. Flicked back into test and it passes all tests.

Now I'm assuming it isn't a rom or ram problem because they test okay in the
test screen.

What part of the design isn't used during self test, but used during the game?
I would assume if it tests then it plays... obviously not.

Any areas I should look at? It appears no-one has ever had this problem before
as I've checked deja and vectorlist achives.

Thanks in advance
Paul