Re: Asteroids monitor questions

From: Paul Sommers <rgvac_aust_at_dingoblue.net.au>
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 23:41:09 EST

Neil,

I did my first tube swap a couple of weeks ago on a B&W Cinematronics. I just
put both tubes on the floor and moved the yoke from one to the same position
on the other. I thought it might need a bit of adjustment if the picture was
crooked, but it was perfect first go.

The cinematronics yoke had a screw on a ring clamp so I just unloosened it and
tightened it back up on the new tube. I wasn't sure how much to tighten it on
the new tube, I didn't want it to be tight enough to crush the neck so I just
did it a bit better than finger tighten and tried to slip it off again - it
wouldn't budge so that was good enough for me. And it hasn't fallen off yet.

Good luck with wife and child!!!!! (and yor thinking about your monitor at a
time like this - that's a true collector! The important stuff first!)

Cheers
Paul