RE: Asteroids monitor questions

From: Ray Ghanbari <ray_at_ghanbari.com>
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 12:07:59 EST

Since Neils is distracted for a little while, I'll risk an off-topic post.

Toward the end of my wifes pregnancy with our daughter, I was working as
fast as I could to wrap up some gaming projects since I knew there were
would be no time afterwards. The biggest was my new universal cabinet.
Basically had gutted a Crime Fighters installed lots of shelving, a big
monitor, painted it up, fancy speakers with subwoofer, modular control
panel, the works.

Last step was installing the door on the front so that the front would open
like a cabinet (had shelving on the inside to store boards, my Playstation
and Jaguar (both interfaced to the unit!), etc.)

As my wife was in labor (third day of what turned out to be 5 days of
labor...ug) I was tired and in a hurry and it was damn (Minnesota in late
November) cold outside so I didn't bother getting the appropriate tools to
hold the wood for me while I used a chisel to countersink the hinges on the
front door to the cabinet. Needless to say, chisel slipped and I caught it
with my thumb. Blood everywhere (Cris, I think there are still blood stains
on the front door), real hard time stopping the bleeding, 1am, sleet storm
outside, with a wife in labor.

Managed to wrap the thumb enough to get upstairs and have the wife help bind
it together well enough for me to get to the emergency room (she was
decidedly NOT pleased). Emergency room people thought I was joking when I
asked them to hurry with the stiches since I had a wife in labor.

To make this vector related, damn good thing Neil wasn't playing with the
monitor HV sections as his wife went into labor ;-) Regardless, I don't
Neil will be getting to his monitor project for a long while ;-) ;-)

Ray