Re: Cinematronics Prom Images

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 20:53:02 EST

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 11:29:09 +1100, Paul Sommers <rgvac_aust@dingoblue.net.au>
wrote:

>Gang,
>
>Does anyone have the images for the Cinematronics Rev B (Space Wars in the
>case) PROMS in row 14.
>
>They are 74S288 which seems to cross to a 82S123 according to partminer.
>
>They are not included in the Mame rom files. I'm not sure how these Proms work
>but I have two outputs reading high on E14 when all address lines are running
>fine.

Chances are this is ok. This is one of the microcode proms, its outputs trigger
different parts of the board depending upon which instruction is executed, and
the current state of the board.

>I would assume all outputs should be running even if it is garbage
>in/garbage out. Yes?

If your board is just lost in space, then there's a good chance a couple of
these lines will remain high. If you were to remove the PROM from the board,
and cycle it through all 32 of its address positions, all data lines would
changes states at least once.

>All help appreciated.

I'll send you the PROMS in email, if anyone else wants them you can go to:

  http://www.zonn.com/Cinematronics/tech.htm

and click on the "Disassembler and Hardware Simulator" link. The PROM images
are included in the zip file.

-Zonn