RE: G08 deflection problem

From: Jenison Mark-QA3578 <Mark.Jenison_at_motorola.com>
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 11:35:37 EST

> Well, since nobody else responded yet I'll chime
> in. First, what effect does the HORIZ WIDTH, H CENTERING,
> VERT HEIGHT & VERT CENTERING pots on the board edge have
> on the image? Have you measured the power +63/-63V supplies
> to see if you have the rated negative voltages? The pictures
> look like the scale and linearity are OK, are they really?

I was wondering if anyone was awake out there! :-)

Thanks Dave. The Horiz Width, etc all work fine. You are the third person
to suggest to me that it looks like a power supply issue. I need to check
the +63/-63V on the board. I will check that later this week. I was able
to get another deflection board working in the mean time.

The tube in the picture is brand new from Richardson's Electronics. It was
a total pain converging the monitor, as Sega XY games don't exactly have
slick cross hatch paterns like Star Wars, etc (though now that I think about
it, I wonder if I could have hooked up my Star Wars to the
monitor??...hmmm...).

--
Mark Jenison