Re: How many cabinets can you fit...

From: someotherguy <someotherguy_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 09:23:17 EST

I'll vouch for that - actually, after the first two are loaded, the third
one is the real pain. If two of you can "dead-lift" the bottom onto the
tailgate, you're set. If you're by yourself, you need to get creative.

Vehicle height is definitely a concern. For me, I use a long bed extended
cab Chevy that has been lowered 5"/7" and makes the job very easy. When
people tease me about having a truck that can't haul, I show them the
picture after picture of it so loaded down with games that one would wonder
how they all fit. : )

As far as securing the machines, yes, the "strap-them-all-together" method
is great. I put all the machines in sideways, cardboard in-between them
(it does not hurt to stretch-wrap them as well, as the cardboard will
abrade a tiny bit,) then strap them all together around the middle with a
large 18-wheeler type ratchet strap. Below the angle of the control panel
area on most uprights is perfect for this. Then, I go across the top of
the front and rear machine with another strap each, to the stake pockets in
the bed. Use good quality ratchet straps or forget it. Those
friction-type straps will sooner or later leave you with your game in
pieces on the side of the road. I don't know from personal experience, but
I have seen it happen to others more than once.

If it comes to more than 3 machines, I bring the 4x8 utility trailer. You
can buy a good one with full-size tires and a fold-down ramp brand new for
around $500-$600.

Richard