Re: Misaligned Vectors in Cinematronics

From: Zonn <zonn_at_zonn.com>
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 14:14:52 EST

Have you tried playing with the line length pots on the monitor?

The feed back diodes on the monitor (near the TL081) also effect how lines are
drawn.

Also, there were two different yoke designs on the Cine monitors. One (the
earlier one) required an extra set 1.2k resistors across the yoke windings. The
later one required these to NOT be there.

If someone in the past replaced the yoke/CRT assembly with one that is different
than the one the monitor board is configured for, you won't be able to line up
the lines.

The resistors in question are R122 and R222 on the original Space Wars monitor
schematic available on spies.

It's unlikely your DACs are bad. Things are drawn pretty dramatically wrong,
when they go.

On another subject, I'd like to get a copy of your Rock Ola ROMs (I don't
believe I've seen those). It be interesting to hear if they changed to morse
code sequence... That and I've never played "Armour Attack" does that translate
to "Love Attack"? ;^)

-Zonn