Re: Misaligned Vectors in Cinematronics

From: Mark Shostak <shostak_at_directlink.net>
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 11:25:32 EST

> The lines aren't lining up straight. It also appears the bigger the vector
> drawn the more it is out.

I've seen this problem before, but never as severe as in your case.
You do have a small problem where the _end points_ don't align, but the bigger
issue here is that vectors being drawn "at the same place" are in different locations.
I've been wondering if beam current could affect this.

After you check the yoke as Zonn suggested, here are some other things to look at:

1) Beam current; I would crank the intensity down as far as possible
(such that an image is still visible, perhaps with the lights out) and let us know if the
problem goes away or is reduced.

2) The LV power supply; check the voltage regulators and filters.
However, I would suspect this is not the issue, as the ripple would have a higher
frequency than the lines. That does not appear to be the case in your scenario.

3) Can you send us a picture of the back, so we know what h/w we're talking about?

> Also - I have a different rom set to MAME - you can see that from the test
> screen in that it doesn't draw the overlay pattern. Also the main screen reads
> copyright Rock Ola. Should I read these in for anyone? I guess I'll put the
> MAME roms in so I can line up the overlay easily.

I'd like to see the roms as well.

Let us know what you find.

-Mark