Tube ears?

From: Lewis Mills <lmills01_at_home.com>
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 19:40:43 EST

OK, this one is probably obvious to many of you, but it threw me for a loop.
I was on the phone with the folks at Richardson, ordering a tube for a
WG6100, and the sales woman asked me if I wanted it with or without ears. If
I wanted ears, she wanted measurements. I had to beg off; told her I'd get
back to her. I just looked at a tube I have here, and I'm guessing that the
ears are the metal "L" brackets on the front corners tucked under the metal
strap that wraps around the tube. These brackets are bolted onto the
monitor frame. Is that right? If so, what measurements do they need for it?
Has anybody ordered one of these tubes from Richardson, and what did you do
about the ear measuremnt? I need it for a Tempest upright, if that matters.
Thanks,
Lewis