Re: Armor Attack - more questions

From: Paul Sommers <rgvac_aust_at_dingoblue.net.au>
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 06:34:48 EST

Mark,

I reseated the roms and powered up and now the board isn't running at all.

Thinking it was probably the roms or sockets even though they tested okay I
burnt a new set of roms and replaced the sockets - still nothing.

Peter suggested the text might be looked up from a prom, and if all the games
have the same text design that's possible, but I was also missing the overlay
pattern and that is unique to all the games - so I will discount the PROMS.

I have a logic comparitor coming next week so I'll check out the rest of the board.

I might just keep buying Cinematronics boards until I get one that works for
more than 3 minutes and then just send the rest to one of you guys for repairs.

I'll look again on the weekend.

Cheers
Paul