Re: Armor Attack - more questions

From: Mark Shostak <shostak_at_directlink.net>
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 04:35:30 EST

> I reseated the roms and powered up and now the board isn't running at all.

_That's_ what I would have expected in the first place.

> Thinking it was probably the roms or sockets even though they tested okay I
> burnt a new set of roms and replaced the sockets - still nothing.
>
> Peter suggested the text might be looked up from a prom, and if all the games
> have the same text design that's possible, but I was also missing the overlay
> pattern and that is unique to all the games - so I will discount the PROMS.

Actually, it doesn't have any text in any of the proms or any ascii.
The games have varying text designs and that information is kept in the eproms.

> I have a logic comparitor coming next week so I'll check out the rest of the board.

That's a big project!

Try the board again on the weekend. Most likely the problem is in the area you've
been working with. A little time may add some contrast to the problem.

> I might just keep buying Cinematronics boards until I get one that works for
> more than 3 minutes and then just send the rest to one of you guys for repairs.

That's what most people do.