G08-105, WG6400

From: Jenison Mark-QA3578 <Mark.Jenison_at_motorola.com>
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 12:56:13 EST

Hi all,

I was one of the people who asked if David Fish could figure out how to run Cosmic Chasm on a G08-003, because my Cosmic Chasm did not come with a G08-105 monitor. Though I have not seen the results of this, David's comment about "crappy slew rate" leads me to believe the display will not be optimal.

I don't think anyone has found any manuals or information about this particular monitor other than what has been talked about here. I'd like to take it a step further.

Basically, I'd like to document the G08-105 in detail, maybe even layout the schematics for it. I'd like to know just how different from a standard G08-003 it is, and see if maybe there might be some conversion possibilites.

Has the same been done for the WG6400, or is that one entirely different from the WG6100?

Anyway, I realize most people don't want to muck with something that is already working, and extremely rare, but would anyone be willing to either:
1) Pull their G08-105 chassis out and be willing to document it. It must be very detailed, probably to the schematic level
2) Lend their chassis to someone who would be willing to do it for you.

I think the closest I am to a G08-105 monitor owner would be Todd Miller in Iowa. Maybe I can convince him to lend his to me for a while ;-)

--
Mark Jenison