Re: Newbie Amplifone question

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 23:14:41 EST

In a message dated 3/29/2001 6:12:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mgreenway@uq.net.au writes:

<< I recently got a Star Wars cockpit and I decided to re-cap the HV board.
 When I was doing this, I noticed that there aren't any 50ohm 5watt
 resistors accross the 24volt regulators. It's a green HV board with a
 white(?) HV transformer. Even after re-capping the board, I get the 'bloom
 effect' when the death star explodes.

 Should I add the 50ohm resistors? Is there anything I can do to stop the
 blooming, or is my HV transformer about to kick the bucket??

Get the 50 ohm 5 watt resistors accross your regs, before more than just the
Death Star explodes!! What you are seeing are transient voltages that occur
when the beam is being "stretched" beyond it's "normal" limits. The 5w 50 ohm
r's will stop this, and can save your BU406D as well as your +/- 24v regs, as
well as your HVT...
MK