Newbie Amplifone question

From: Mark Greenway <mgreenway_at_uq.net.au>
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 18:10:30 EST

Hi folks,

I recently got a Star Wars cockpit and I decided to re-cap the HV board.
When I was doing this, I noticed that there aren't any 50ohm 5watt
resistors accross the 24volt regulators. It's a green HV board with a
white(?) HV transformer. Even after re-capping the board, I get the 'bloom
effect' when the death star explodes.

Should I add the 50ohm resistors? Is there anything I can do to stop the
blooming, or is my HV transformer about to kick the bucket??

Cheers,

Mark Greenway