Re: It's working!

From: Doug Jefferys <dougj_at_hwcn.org>
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 14:24:03 EDT

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Neil Bradley wrote:

> In short, I have the mod working! It had two problems:

Way cool hack, and thanks for the assemblable stuff.

I, too, am interested. Been a long time since I looked at this.
I might actually do something worthwhile with it :)

Anyone know of any timing-critical stuff in Asteroids? Because
it's a vector game, we don't have to worry about monitor sync
frequencies derived off the crystal. Popping in a faster crystal
might be handy if future software mods require more CPU power.

I was gonna make a snarky comment about "...and we could see how
far we could overclock a 6502", before I realized that yeah, odds
are that a 6502 made 4-5 years ago is much more likely to be OCable
than the ones from 20 years ago. Perhaps significantly so.

Later,
Doug.

--
 dougj   |