RE: It's working!

From: jeff hendrix <jhendrix_at_quark.com>
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 16:53:59 EDT

You could always pop in a 65802 processor (if you can find one) and run it
at 7MHz and it's 100% 6502 pin and code compatible. You can then switch it
into 16 bit mode for new games and take advantage of some of the new
instructions.
Or you can build an adapter card and use a 65816 and still be compatible
with 6502 code, but have access to a 24 bit address bus. (as well as 16 bit
index registers and new instructions)

-jeff