Re: Testing HV?

From: Lewis Mills <lmills01_at_home.com>
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 13:21:32 EDT

Thanks for the replies!
I've got exactly 12 kv on the G05 15" monitor - just right. But on the
19V2000, I only got about 10.5 kv; adjusted all the way up, I can get it to
above 14, but probably not quite 14.5. So HV is good on one, and just
adequate on the other.
I did cap kits with new power transistors on both monitors before testing
them. I'm testing them on a fully working game (the game works 100% with
another 19V2000).
On the G05, I didn't notice yesterday (probably should have been the first
thing I looked for, but I forgot), but the spot-killer LED is on. Drawing on
the experience of the list: what are the most common causes of this on the
G05? Where should I look first?
The 19V2000 doesn't have the spot-killer on, and doesn't have any glow in
the tube filament. Where is the 6.3V heater voltage developed? It looks like
it comes in from the main connector from the game, and then runs through
three resistors on the deflection board. I checked these three, and they
test OK. Can I run the monitor with the neck plug unplugged to test for 6.3V
at the neck? Should I be looking for 6.3V between pins 1 and 8?
Thanks again!
Lewis