RE: Major Havoc/Tempest spinner problems

From: <David.Fish_at_axcelis.com>
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 11:50:55 EDT

Doug J. wrote:

>BTW, anyone got a source on Optek OBP2216 optos? (i.e. the "curved"
>kind that I have on my Tempest wheel? The "normal" ones won't fit
>in the PCB mounting holes used by the "curved" ones.)

 I called Optek about these a long time ago (late 80's) and they
told me that the part was made exclusively for Atari. IIRC, you
can repair them by removing the offending transmitter or receiver
from the housing and replacing it with a new device. I got the IR
transmitter from another Optek part that we had available where I
worked at the time. I'm fairly certain that they just snapped into
the curved housing, they weren't molded or sealed. I had to do this
with my Tempest spinner once. YMMV.

David Fish "We want...Information. INFORMATION
Melrose, MA USA You won't get it!
   dfish1.at.mediaone.net By hook or by crook we will"
   David.Fish.at.axcelis.com _The Prisoner_