Re: Game values

From: Clay Cowgill <vector_clay_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 21:16:22 EDT

>Are things just continuing to go up in
>value or have they come down a bit? The ebay insanity seems to be over
>somewhat but certain things still go for a lot.

Yeah, it's strange. I think in general most prices are stable, but some
things that were way overvalued have fallen and expectations are a little
more 'realistic' on eBay for a change.

>I've been contemplating selling my collection and I would think about it
>more seriously if prices were to fall significantly in the next few
>years. I wonder that as people who grew up in the 80's get older,
>collecting those era games will go out of style and prices will decline
>significantly. Any opinions out there?

I've noticed a peculiar influx of questions to me over the last 6 months of
people looking for the "classics"-- you know, like Mortal Kombat and the
original Street Fighter 2. :-/ Seems there's maybe a new generation making
their way into the scene... It's kind-of like the bell curve is just
moving. Still, vector stuff like (working) Asteroids boards and especially
repair services for them seem to still be booming.

>Werner Sharp
>(Hi Clay!)

(Hey Werner! Toss me an e-mail to cowgill@home.com when you get a chance!)

-Clay