Re: Game values

From: Anthony Ramos <aramos_at_ele-mental.org>
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 06:28:28 EDT

on 28 06 01 18.16, Clay Cowgill at vector_clay@hotmail.com wrote:

>> I've been contemplating selling my collection and I would think about it
>> more seriously if prices were to fall significantly in the next few
>> years. I wonder that as people who grew up in the 80's get older,
>> collecting those era games will go out of style and prices will decline
>> significantly. Any opinions out there?
>
> I've noticed a peculiar influx of questions to me over the last 6 months of
> people looking for the "classics"-- you know, like Mortal Kombat and the
> original Street Fighter 2. :-/ Seems there's maybe a new generation making
> their way into the scene... It's kind-of like the bell curve is just
> moving. Still, vector stuff like (working) Asteroids boards and especially
> repair services for them seem to still be booming.

Even if the more recent "classics" become more popular in the short term,
the older stuff will *always* become more valuable. Just look at the
original classics: pinball and slot machines from the 40's and 50's. In good
condition, the command prices in the thousands.

--
Anthony Ramos________
600 SE 39th Ave., # 3  \__ aramos@ele-mental.org .. aramos@hyperreal.org