Re: Game values

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 12:46:24 EDT

I would disagree that the price can only go up.. Just look at the jukebox
market. Twenty-five odd (some very odd ;-) years ago I started my business
and it was 'John's Jukes' as Jukeboxes were most of what we sold.
Jukeboxes are now just a tiny fraction of our market and is not because
they are any less common, just that they don't sell nearly fast enough to
make it worth finding and restoring them. As Clay states the "Bell-Curve"
of interest has moved on for jukeboxes, and is moving on for 60's & early
70's pinballs - they have passed the peak. Video games are next to peak - I
give it five to ten years max. for the early 80's stuff. It seems that
about twenty years after the teenager grows up is when he/she is looking
for games from their youth...when they are about fifty-sixty they start
loosing interest - the kids are grown and they want to travel and reduce
their "stuff".

On the other hand a I have lots of older customers (60+) that love their
old jukebox or pinball and probably will be buried with it...you just never
know for sure.

John :-#)#