Cinematronics questions...

From: Gregg Woodcock <woodcock_at_sisna.com>
Date: Wed Jun 12 2002 - 02:13:17 EDT

I have Space Wars with working boards/power but bad monitor. This is my
current test bed.

I have a new style HV monitor which sort of works but the neck pins are
loose and one of them fell/broke off. I used conductive epoxy to put it
back in place but now I get no heater glow (which pins/wires are heater?)

I have another monitor which is the old style which pops the breakers.

Both monitors have all new tants.

Is there a web page which shows the various sound boards to help identify
the games?

Can I test a Solar Quest monitor as-is by driving it from a Space Wars (i.e.
without any mods)? I don't care if the image is funky (improper Z); I just
want to verify monitor board works.

I am assuming that all sound boards have the same I/O function and that any
game can drive any other game's sound board but that incorrect sounds will
be played. Is this a true (or safe) assumption?

Did you know that the masked PROMs can be put in upside-down for over 2
minutes and get 200 degrees or so and STILL WORK? It is true!