Re: Vectrex Yokes

From: Aaron Howald <ahowald_at_w-link.net>
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 02:31:18 EDT

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jilayne Stanclif
  To: vectorlist@synthcom.com
  Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 10:40 PM
  Subject: VECTOR: Vectrex Yokes

  HI guys,

      In my never ending quest to master the XY yoke I have made an excellent replacement for the Vectrex (yeah I know they never go bad, but thats not the point) also I know you guys are not the Vectrex club, but I had to tell somebody ;)

      This is all leading up to the big brother yoke for the new color XY arcade monitor.

      Anyway if anybody wants the skinny on how it's done let me know. I used a wyse 150 yoke. These are still available new or surplus so this is a cheap yoke to hack and make work for the vectrex. I gotta pat myself on the back though.... You can't tell the difference between the picture quality of the original and the modified wyse yoke except I have not adjust the linearity with the little magnets yet to make the edges look perfect ;)

      So now somebody needs to make a replacement circuit for the deflection using LM1875's or some cheap audio amp and get a sub on the tube (although I bet the wyse tube would work fine just need to make a high voltage circuit thats no problem)

      Anyway if you guys are not interested in this let me know and I won't bring up vectrex stuff just arcade stuff.
  Plese, post all you want on anything vector!
  I will say this though- getting a yoke to work properly with a color tube will be much tougher......