Star Trek Spinner

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 22:02:00 EDT

My ST spinner has what to me at least is an odd problem. It spins fine, as
long as your always go in the same direction.

If you reverse direction, it will 'jump' to some new position, then pick up
moving cleanly. Reverse again, it jumps back, and moves cleanly from there
on.

My (limited) understanding of how the spinner works dosn't point to anything
obvious to check. Can anyone point me to a likely suspect ?

-Chris