Re: Amplifone in Aztarac?

From: Clay Cowgill <vector_clay_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Jul 05 2001 - 14:05:58 EDT

>I've never actually
>played Aztarac, but I've been told that a WG6100 just won't work. I guess
>because of the high number of things happening on the screen, with a 6100,
>you get a "painting the screen" effect, kind of like when you had a PC that
>was too slow for the application you were running.

You might want to try a 6100 just to get a baseline for what a "worst case"
would be. In my experience a monitor that's "too slow" will result in
certain vectors being "out of place" or "tearing". Essentially the color
guns are turned on too early and the beam hasn't had time to reach the
appropriate point on the screen. I wouldn't really call it "painting the
screen" (the frame rate remains the same), but more like someone dozing off
while drawing on a "connect the dots". ;-)

-Clay