Re: Star wars sound problem

From: Lewis Mills <lmills01_at_home.com>
Date: Sun Jul 08 2001 - 10:43:28 EDT

I have seen R/A2s with bad diodes. Can't hurt to check, altho the fuses
usually blow when the diodes are gone. Might as well test the transistors
you didn't replace, too. Also be sure to resolder all the connectors on the
R/A2 board. Sometimes a marginal "big blue" cap can cause strange
power-related problems. If you can't spare the good R/A2 board that you
tested it with, you can pick up another one cheap on eBay.
Lewis