Re: Crosses for 7805, 7815, 7915 transistors?

From: Clay Cowgill <vector_clay_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 13:45:41 EDT

78xx (positive) and 79xx (negative) voltage regulators should be available
pretty much everywhere (like Chris said, I think even Radio Shack still
carries some). Otherwise www.jameco.com, www.jdr.com, www.mouser.com,
www.digikey.com, etc.

There are newer crosses as well such as the LM340 family and the LM2940
family which are pin compatible but might be easier to find depending on
where you buy. (And LDO's like the LM2940 can regulate with an input
voltage just .6V above the output voltage.)

Something like an LM340T-5 would be a cross for a 7805...

-Clay