Re: Wintron transformers

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 23:53:04 EDT

In a message dated 7/12/2001 1:54:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
chumblespuzz@home.com writes:

<< I'm no lawyer (nor do I play one on TV). However, liability is only half
the
 problem. Litigation is the other half. Just because you may not be liable
 doesn't mean you wont be sued, and defending yourself in a such a suit will
 be costly.

 With that said, if someone does make these (please) I promise I won't sue
 you. >>

     A contract to any buyer can contain a clause forfeiting their legal tort
to sue the seller, and thus release the seller of any liability for damages
of person or property on the specific item for sale. I suggest whoever sells
the newly designed HV unit use this. I can draw up the contract at no charge
for anyone who wants to prersue making the HV unit. ( I was a certified CDPA
in a former life...) Translation: Anyone buying would give up their right to
sue the seller in the contract before they bought the item.
     In many states, sellers of firearms (even hunting rifles) have been
protecting themselves with forfeit clauses to the buyer. Thing are so bad in
our "sue crazy" society that I remeber recently reading a new warning label
at a gas station:

"This is for use as fuel for motor vehicles and motor driven equipment. It is
not to be used as a fire accelerant, or intended for human consumption..."
The usual stuff followed "Flamable. Harmful or fatal if swallowed.....etc."
     It is a sad state of affairs when someone who would do something nice
like make a new Vector HVT has to worry about getting sued by some idiot who
can't follow directions ......

sorry for the rant,
MK