Re: Omega Race #9963 is Alive!

From: Andy Welburn <warlords_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 10:57:04 EDT

> 1. The centering of the image on my WG19V2000 is a little too far left
> (approx. 1.5"). How do I adjust the centering magnets (are they the ones
> with all of the hot glue holding them in place)? Do I turn them, and the
> entire image shifts left or right? I read the messages re: Battlezone
> Centering, but it didn't go into much detail. I've already pulled the left
> fabric "tab" out from the yoke ring (oops)...and I don't want to go any
> further until someone explained this in a little more detail.

don't adjust the magnets or the yoke.. while the yoke position isn't too
critical on a black and white vector, best leave it alone for now. (it is
possible to tilt the yoke to move the picture back, but see if you can do it
another way fisrt..

look on the deflection board, there should be about 4 pots or so?

I've not seen an lv2000 to confirm this for you, nor to pinpoint which pot
is is the one you have to fiddle with, but if the lv2000 is anythign like an
electohome g05 (i understand quite similar) then you should be able to find
an 'X CENTER' pot... this should sort your centering problem..

if the lv2000 doesn't have one of these, there might be strapping on the
board (like in battlezone) to install an 'X CENTER' pot.. again, not havign
seen an omega race board up close i can't say for sure..

somebody else might pipe up and tell you exactly what to do, but i thought
i'd jump in first and dissuade you form messing with the yoke... :) If you
are up for fiddling about with it (i know i would be) then try messing with
the pots on the deflection board, mark their positions first so that you can
return the other pots to their 'usual' positions until you find the pot
you're lokign for..

nice find BTW!

Andy