Re: Omega Race #9963 is Alive!

From: jason Milsom <MILSOM44_at_webtv.net>
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 11:22:43 EDT

I have to disagree with people a little bit here as I recall the pots on
the omega race board are for horizontal and vertical size and there are
no controls on the game pcb for centering and there are also no controls
for size or centering on the monitor. That being the case the only way
to center the picture is with the "convergence" rings. (yes the ones
with hot glue on them). Why not mess with them? It's black and white so
there is no convergence to mess up. The worst that can happen is you
break the tabs off in which case you can move the rings with your finger
or a screwdriver. In my experience this is the best way to center the
picture on a b/w vector game. Note that when you move the rings the
picture tends to move left or right and up and down at the same time so
you have to experiment a little to get the picture centered just right.

Jason Milsom

http://community.webtv.net/MILSOM44/MilsomsPuband