RE: Omega Race #9963 is Alive!

From: Tom Baddley <tbaddley_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 10:36:57 EDT

I should have given more details on what I've observed so far on the
centering problem:

On the Omega Race CPU (pos. 9A) are the Horz and Vert size pots. Works great
for adjusting X and Y sizes, but unfortunately, they don't do anything for
centering the image.

The 19V2000 deflection PCB has X and Y Linearity pots (along with Brightness
and Contrast). They only seem to cause a jittery screen when either of them
are moved much off of original position. I understand that these are used to
make diagonal lines straighter.

I have read that you may be able to add Vert/Horz Center pots to this defl.
pcb, but I don't see any place that you would put them (this is a standard
P299 pcb). Does the G-05 pcb have centering pots? I believe that I can mix
and match on this monitor (G-05 defl. / 19V2000 HV).

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep digging for more info.

- Tom