Re: Re: Vector: Asteroids intermittent explosions

From: Travis Shire <boardjunkie_at_techie.com>
Date: Sat Aug 17 2002 - 02:25:43 EDT

Um......as I said, I'm cutting the ic out first then removing the pins seperately. So I guess there is no need for the pads to come loose, except for the adhesive that holds the copper on getting weak and/or a lame through plate.

I avoid actually desoldering the entire ic whenever possible. Unless you have rework station that's usually asking for trouble.

dunno, but I'm being