RE: Sega XY free play (re-revisited)

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_askey.org>
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 12:34:01 EDT

Oh man, I had that figured out at some point too but now it is long lost
in my head somewhere. I think MAME would be the easiest way to track
down the counter settings in the ROM. Just start in debug mode, and step
through the code where it reads the coin switch inputs. I think the
basic idea of their 'coin jam' code is that if the coin switch is closed
for too long = coin jam
If the coin switch is not open long enough between closures = coin jam.
The code should poll the switch and increment timers (based on IRQ
probably) to
Keep track of these time constraints. I may be totally off on this tho,
Im just guessing based on other coin routines I have seen. You can also
track down the 'coin jam' problem by tracing backwards from the code
that displays the message on the screen.

jess