Minor problems with Gravitar

From: Dan 10 Things <tenthingszine_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 13:09:51 EDT

I've just picked up my first two vector games in the last couple months, a
working Gravitar and a Tempest with the spot killer coming on. Welcome to
the world of headaches... Anyway, the Gravitar pretty much works fine,
except in the top one third of the monitor there is a little bit of
distortion. It makes the score text look a little curved and funky, not
really distracting, but if anyone has any ideas on what's causing this, I'd
love to attempt to fix it. The other thing I've noticed is when I hit the
thrust button, the sound gets a crackling sound in it, like wiggling the
speaker wire, along with the thrust sound. It only happens with the thrust
button, could this be a ground problem? Any advice would be wonderful.
Thanks, Dan