Re: Amplifone DEFLECTION QUESTION

From: Tek <mypearl_at_dds.nl>
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 12:34:08 EDT

In almost all cases, when the vectors are only drawn in a certain quarter of
it, the amps are probably good but there is one supply voltage gone. The X
and Y amps need a + voltage to move to one side, and a - voltage to move the
beam to the other side. so when only one of the two supplies is available,
everything gets drawn in one particular quarter because there is only one
quarter in the monitor where only ont type of supply is needed:

for example, if the monitor uses a positive voltage to move the beam up and
right, that is the only quater of the screen that would work if there is no
negative supply:

-+ | ++

-- | --

I don't have an amplifone :( (Need one for my Star Wars) so I am not sure if
this is as the screen is layed out on that type of monitor but you get the
idea. Check the positive and negative supplies, preferrably at the power
transistors.

Mendel