Re: Replacement 19" Amplifone tube?

From: Noel Johnson <nej_at_airmail.net>
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 07:36:25 EST

Jon Raiford wrote:

> Also, when replacing the end cap, it is very easy to break the end cap when removing it from a tube. Be careful if you want to reuse it (I'm sure a few people on this list would like a WG6100 compatible end cap).

That's a good point. It's also quite possible to ruin the tube [I'm
speaking from experience :-(] by breaking the glass tip while trying to
remove the base cap. Be *very* careful and slowly remove the old base
cap. You may wish to even use some Goo Gone to dissolve the sealant
which holds the old base cap on, but I've never tried this. Usually a
razer blade is sufficient to cut through the sealant.

Noel