WG 6100 cap replacements

From: David Shoemaker <davids_at_oz.net>
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 03:26:18 EST

Looking at the Zanen cap kit for the 6100 it lists the following caps for replacement in the HV cage.

ID Zanen WG
C901 100 uF @ 35V 100 uF @ 35V (Aluminum electrolytic)
C902 100 uF @ 35V 100 uF @ 35V (Aluminum electrolytic)
C905 33 uF @ 160V 33 uF @ 35V (Aluminum electrolytic)
C909 22 uF @ 50V 22 uF @ 50V (AE)
C910 10 uF @ 350V 10 uF @ 350V (AE)
C914 47 uF @ 50V 47 uF @ 50V (AE)

In my atari manual (TM-183, 2nd printing) C910 is shown on the parts layout (with the value above, I assume the AE) but not listed in the parts list. There is a C919 listed as 10 uF @ 300V I am guessing this is a typo as I don't see any C919 on the layout.

Are there any other caps in the HV cage I should worry about?

I was going to replace all the above with the panasonic NHG caps which are (Alum Elec) good up to 105C. Which of these should I be worried about the ESR rating? For those can anyone tell me what panasonic series I should be using for these parts? I am going to use the Digikey catalog to order the parts.

The Zanen kit does not replace ANY caps on the power supply board. At minimum I want to replace the two filter caps

C100 4700 uF @ 50V (AE)
C101 4700 uF @ 50V (AE)

As the board has been updated with a LV2000 I don't need to worry about C102(3). Any other caps on this board I should look at replaceing?

David