Re: WG 6100 cap replacements

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 04:31:10 EST

C901 & C902 are good candidates for low ESR capacitors. I used to
replace them with 220 uF Radio Shack caps and NEVER had another
failure. The whole key to those two parts is to have parts that can
handle high ripple current without overheating. Low ESR helps in that
respect, so did my oversized parts.

The two main board 4700 uF caps that Zanen doesn't replace will probably
never need replacement because they were heavy enough to handle their
ripple current. Unless they are actually causing you grief you might as
well leave them alone.