Re: VECTOR:Update- Asteroids G05 -802 Died again ;-(

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Sun Dec 30 2001 - 20:53:21 EST

Check the edge connector at the game MPU. Is it warm/hot to the touch after
15 minutes or so? If so, then I suspect you have toasted Common and
possibly +5VDC connections either inside the connector or the card edge
connector. This can damage the monitor because the monitor Common reference
point will not be the same as the MPU Common and this will offset the bias
of the transistors enough to take them out.

Many used a jumper wire to fix this edge connector problem with great
success....

John :-#)#