WGK6100 Retrace lines wont go away

From: Randy Bissett <bissettr_at_gte.net>
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 16:27:05 EST

Greetings all. I have been lurking here for quite awhile, putting all the good tidbits of Vector knowledge to good use.

Today I got ambitious and started testing a few HV units for my WGK6100. Most were dead & will need further investigation, but one was an odd problem.

No matter how much I adjust the brightness, the retrace lines will not go away. Adjusting the brightness only seems to shrink and enlarge the picture. If I turn the brightness all the way down, it shows a normal picture for about a half a second then it grows very birght and the retrace lines appear.

I capped the HV board with a kit from Bob Roberts, but still the same symptoms.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
Randy