Re: WGK6100 Retrace lines wont go away

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 19:27:35 EST

Just exactly what are you using for a brightness control?

Typically you won't see retrace lines unless there's too much voltage on
grid 2 of the CRT. Another name for grid 2 is "screen", and the screen
control is usually on the flyback. There will be two pots there, the
one closest to the circuit board is the "screen" adjustment and the one
closest to the high voltage wire is the focus. If there's only one pot
there, the screen control might be on the neck board (older monitors).

You said varying the "brightness" caused the picture to change size?
That happens when the high voltage changes voltage. That's why I asked
just what you were turning. If you were turning a pot on the high
voltage supply board itself YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE. If you did, the only
sure way of getting it set right is with a high voltage probe.