YES!!!!!

From: Phil Morris <phil_at_morris0.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 09:29:03 EST

Can I express some jubilation here please? Just fixed the deflection board
on my G05-801! :-))))))

This is the first time I have ever tried to fix anything like this, and I'm
dead chuffed that I've managed it. Now I see why some people love fixing
circuit boards - it's frustrating when it doesn't work, but bloody
brilliant when it does. :-)

It was only one of the small TIS98 transistors too - unbelievable that one
tiny part could cause the display to deteriorate to what it was, ie a
general overall glow.

I'd like to say many thanks to ALL those who have helped me resolve this
issue here, and for putting up with my ignorant questions.

Now I do have a picture, but ....... it's not quite right yet:

It slopes to the left a little
It looks like it's 'zoomed in' as things are a bit too large so you can't
see objects which would be at the far edges
The vector lines are a little 'wiggly', and as objects move across the
screen the *some* parts of the lines wiggle even more in the vertical
orientation, as if they're passing over other invisible lines, if you see
what I mean!

I'll look around the Vectorlist archives, on the web, RGVAC, etc for
solutions to these issues, but if anyone has any suggestions as to causes
please let me know.

Thanks all,
Phil