Re: Asteroids and 'wiggly' diagonal lines

From: Phil Morris <phil_at_morris0.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 18:41:47 EST

At 23:28 12/01/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>If The HV cage cover is off, you can cause this symptom.

It's definitely on.

>Also, the caps at location C86 and C87 on the game PCB may need changing
>(electrolytic 470uf 35v axial) I had a board that played, but looked like
>'lightening' around the vectors, these 2 caps were broken off completely.

I'll check them out, thanks (had intended to re-cap the board anyway so am
ordering the parts next week).

>I would also make sure the contacts in the connectors are clean, a bad
>ground could possibly cause this also :)

I'll check the contacts again - I've already cleaned them once, but you
never know, I may have missed one. :)

>Along with interference from other nearby electrical devices...

Maybe slightly trickier to diagnose, but I can but try. :)

Thanks,
Phil