Hantarex Vector Monitors (Was: G05/V2000 FAQ draft)

From: Phillip Eaton <phil_at_freedomprojects.co.uk>
Date: Sat Jan 19 2002 - 14:35:50 EST

> The ATEI is a trade show on in a few days in Earls Court, London,
> i will try
> and hassle Hantarex for some documentation while i'm there... i remember
> last year, or the year before, nobody had any knowledge of ever making
> them... i have one in my 'Stellar Castle' machine thaqt is
> misbehaving, and
> it'd be nice to attack it with the right docs :)

I think they do have knowledge of making them, as I have the business card
of their Senior Engineer and he told me that he has the schematics at the
bottom of his desk.

(He was very, very drunk at the time.)

He also remembered me from the year before, asking him about new vector
monitors. He said that they couldn't do it unless there were high numbers
because of the problems with EU Type Approval.

However, we discussed building upgrade kits as these would be exempt from
approval as they would be classed as a sub-system.

I asked if they could make kite to convert a raster monitor into a vector.
He said yes, but needed an idea of numbers for prices. I seem to rememeber
saying 'How about 500?' and he said yes, that could be possible. I asked me
to call him up after the show if I wanted to progress it, but this never
happened as I'm a lazy sod, and too many other things to do.

OK then, if we could get colour vector monitor chassis built (I guess for a
b/w you'd just use 1/3 of the colour), to convert say a POLO or MTC9000 to a
vector, who would want one? How much would you pay for it?

What do you think? Get me some answers rapid-like and I'll ask him at the
show next week.

Phillip Eaton