Re: Ampliphone help Please

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 00:06:38 EST

In a message dated 2/12/2002 8:56:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, FZZAP@aol.com
writes:

<< With the HV transformer on the top right as you are looking at the board
 the lower cap on the left (I think it is c-4) swelled up and blew out the
 top. I changed out the cap (yes they are installed correctly). The next
cap
 swelled and know I am blowing out the 24v regs. >>

Take a good look at your red MCI can. Is the case distorted or burned in any
way? How close is the can to the 5w 50 ohm resistors (if they are mounted on
the HV board)? I've seen this problem a couple times before, and it was a bad
MCI...trouble is finding a replacement..

MK